![]() |
| From 2010-10-06 |
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Thank you Jim Herlache
I knew Jim for about 5 years. I miss being called one of his "boys", being told to take care of his girl, getting winked at when he was playing dumb with somebody else, being called a pisshead, hearing him yell from his room for anybody, calling the house and having him answer "Johnson's", listening to stories about all the cars he had and going to his room to give him a hug before going back to Milwaukee after a weekend home. There's a lot I would still like to talk to Jim about. One of the best times I had with him was the Christmas break of freshman year. I worked on my car in the small freezing garage so I had to go in and warm up a lot and ask him questions. When will we learn to live in the day and tell people what they mean to you while you still can? I'll never forget the smile he gave me while laying in the hospital bed a few days before he passed away. So thanks Jim, knowing you and being loved by you is all I could have asked for; miss you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Touching Cory....my Dad really loved you. Thanks for this post. <3
ReplyDeleteThanks for the post Cory. It's nice seeing people post about him saying how much he meant to them!
ReplyDelete