Wednesday, September 8, 2010

a good life to live

Sorry for the lack of posts, here's a new one as requested.

Today was a good day and I was glad to be where I am. I've been missing Milwaukee the past couple weeks and of all things mowing fairways today at work helped me realize I should be happy with life. We worked 12 hours yesterday, a little more than 11 today and will work tomorrow about the same. I spent the past 8 hours of work today mowing fairways. It was awesome! I had been waiting to be able to do that since I started there and scared a few people with how excited I was. Honestly, I would have cut them for free. Back to the point...sitting there 10 feet in the air on a huge open air mower with the sun shining on me all day was a great feeling.

Two great new songs are up. The first song, Anoanimal, I found randomly about a half year ago while watching a longboarding video. It's like three different songs in one. All I can picture and think about when listening to this song is how cold it was outside and driving to a restaurant a few times after my internship. I went there because I liked this waitress lol. Here is the video with the song. You don't even have to be into longboarding to appreciate the video. If you have time, watch all 7 parts to their Puerto Rico tour.


The second song I've been listening to since junior year of high school, more than 6 years ago. I bought this trace cd at Best Buy and this song was on it. At the time I had my Mitsubishi Eclipse with my subs so I thought I was the shit listening to these trance songs. This is the only song from that cd I listen to yet. The group Andain is from San Francisco.

On a normal day, I unfortunately find it hard to appreciate what I have, but all it takes is one day like today to give me an awakening. Putting some headphones in and looking up in the sky forces (in a good way) to see all I have to be thankful for. Just as most is easier said than done, it is more easily overlooked than realized. If that makes sense to you, good. If not? To bad.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cory! Of course you're missing Milwaukee -we're awesome here! ;) But to be honest, it sounds like life there is sweet! I'm jealous that while we're getting chilly here, you're still enjoying sun! When are you coming home next???? Come visit! :) Oh....and the volleyball team misses u too! We'll have to play when we come visit you - do they do beach volleyball there???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah true. It's still hot here, but the humidity is going down now so its really nice. I'd like to visit before the holidays, but we'll have to see with work and all. You guys would def be on my visit list.

    I have not seen a single volleyball net down here yet :/ I've been to plenty of different beach accesses, but I usually go to my same spot. If you guys visit I'll find a place where we can go. Or we could get a cheap net and set up our own place on the beach.

    ReplyDelete